piz·zazz or pi·zazz or piz·zaz
1. Dazzling style; flamboyance; flair.
2. Vigorous spirit; energy or excitement.
I love the word pizzazz – it just reminds me of jazz hands and enthusiasm. Here’s a quick list to add some excitement and magic to your day.
1) Add a vibrant colour to your outfit. This can be wearing a bright coloured eyeliner, nail polish, accessories or shoes. Step into Spring with hot colours like orange and pink.
2) Eat some of your favourite food (a lot or a little depending on how bad it is for you) while listening to your favourite feel good song. Important: The song must be upbeat and must cause you to smile involuntarily.
3) Send a handwritten letter to one of your best friends (preferably with pictures, stickers, glitter or all of the above). You will then be adding pizzazz to their day when they receive it!
4) Reinvent your wardrobe using eBay and layby (I am currently doing this here). Find something that embodies your personal style, that when you try it on it makes you feel gorgeous and sexy. Then put the item on layby. Go home and find something in your closet that doesn’t make you feel gorgeous and sexy and list it on eBay. When it sells, you can pay off the rest of your new purchase. Guilt free!
5) Invite a friend over and dress yourselves upin beautiful frocks or funky outfits and test out the latest makeup looks. Take tonnes of narcissistic photos of yourselves. Repeat as often as you like (and maybe you could put together a scrapbook of your glam photo shoots)!
6) Summon your inner domestic goddess.Bake a batch of cookies or cupcakes and decorate with colourful icing, sprinkles, hundreds and thousands, lollies, etc. Then give them away to friends, colleagues, neighbours – anyone!
7) Relax. Take a hot bath with loads of scented bubbles and enjoy. Great reading material and face mask is optional.
8 ) Grab your own or hire a bicycle for an hour and explore a new area of your city. If the bike has a bell – even better!
9) Donate to a deserving charity. Most charity websites allow you to donate online now, so it just takes a few clicks to add generous pizzazz to an afternoon. It doesn’t have to be much, it’s just a gesture. Important: make sure the charity is a legitimate one and that your money is really going to a good cause.
10) Learn something new.Like what? Anything! Start to learn a new language (there are heaps of downloads available for this purpose on iTunes), trawl Wikipedia for topics/people who interest you or even learn how to make a new dish from a cookbook.