My 24th birthday is approaching (1 week to go) and I decided that it was time I set some goals to achieve before I hit quarter of a century.
1. Get myself out of all debt
2. Save at least $5000 towards an apartment
3. Ride in a hot air balloon
4. Have an article published in a print magazine
5. Own a DSLR camera and complete a course on how to use it
6. Travel to Europe with Tom and take said camera
7. Do some form of dance class every month
8. Grow my nails
9. Learn how to cook a (decent) roast
10. Earn at least $10,000 from creative work (singing, acting, writing)
11. Keep a plant alive for more than 6 months
12. Send at least 100 personal letters/cards by post to friends and family
13. Find an amazing hairdresser One down already!
14. Book a flight home to Wellington
15. Write at least 10 new songs
16. Take a day off work to do some form of volunteer work
17. Explore a new Melbourne bar and restaurant every month
18. Have a wardrobe that I adore
(rid of clothes/shoes I never wear or don’t fit or need repairing)
19. Look after myself – go to the dentist, the optometrist and the osteopath.
20. See a psychic (just for the hell of it)
21. Create a list of 25 books I’d like to read and read them
22. Buy a cheap keyboard and re-learn how to play it
23. Get my first manicure
24. Take a circus class or private tuition at NICA
25. Create something I am really proud of
I’d much rather have this specific list than my usual New Years Resolutions like “lose weight” or “be happier”. It is important to create fairly specific goals that are achieveable so you don’t feel like you have failed at the end of your timeframe.
What would be on your list?