I thought that I should recap my 25 Things To Do Before 25 list and see how I am progressing. By the looks of things I definitely need to step up my game for the second half of the year! Where has the time gone? ‘Where has my motivation gone’ might be a better question..
1. Get myself out of all debt
Will be able to pay this off after our Europe trip.
2. Save at least $5000 towards an apartment
Hmmm… this may not happen… (unless I get a major payrise)!
3. Ride in a hot air balloon
Post-Europe. Perhaps October?
4. Have an article published in a print magazine
Will attempt to write and sell a few travel articles (plus photographs) after our trip.
5. Own a DSLR camera and complete a course on how to use it
6. Travel to Europe with Tom and take said camera
All paid for and happening, so – DONE!
7. Do some form of dance class every month
If Zumba counts, which I reckon it does – this has happened so far.
8. Grow my nails
It was all going so well but alas, my nails are little stubs once more.
9. Learn how to cook a (decent) roast
May hit my mum up for a lesson when she’s over this weekend.
11. Keep a plant alive for more than 6 months
Note to self: Need to buy plant.
12. Send at least 100 personal letters/cards by post to friends and family
Should be up to 50 but have only sent 8. I know, I know – slack!
13. Find an amazing hairdresser
14. Book a flight home to Wellington
Going home for Christmas, but haven’t booked yet. Waiting for airpoints to come through from Europe trip.
15. Write at least 10 new songs
Note to self #2: Get guitar fixed.
16. Take a day off work to do some form of volunteer work
Will need to work out when I have accrued a day of annual leave for this.
17. Explore a new Melbourne bar and restaurant every month
Have been doing this so far.
18. Have a wardrobe that I adore (rid of clothes/shoes I never wear or don’t fit or need repairing).
Just listed a few dresses that no longer fit on an eBay equivalent website. Next step is to get repairs done on current clothes (buttons, stitching, hems).
19. Look after myself – go to the dentist, the optometrist and the osteopath.
Dentist? CHECK! Just signed up for private health insurance, so after a 2 month waiting period I can claim visits to both the optometrist and osteopath.
20. See a psychic (just for the hell of it)
My friend Sarah and I keep talking about doing this. Must. Book. In. A. Date.
21. Create a list of 25 books I’d like to read and read them
2 down, 23 to go. *sigh* Well at least I’ll have a lot of train/flight time to read them soon enough.
22. Buy a cheap keyboard and re-learn how to play it
Not sure that this one will happen, but thinking positively..
23. Get my first manicure
Doubtful with my nails in the state that they are.
24. Take a circus class or private tuition at NICA
25. Create something I am really proud of
Surprisingly not worried about this one. I think this will definitely happen shortly. If I complete half of this list, that will be something to be proud of in itself.