This is the first year that I have set any goals and sometimes I feel like I have a million on the go, but it makes me feel strangely calm. Having multiple things to achieve means that if I become distracted from one goal, I can entertain myself by putting effort into another. I do however, wish I was one of those people who was really focused and therefore much more productive (but you are who you are right?).
I have 2 lists of goals going simultaneously on this blog, so I’ll update them together.
I surprised myself by striking off 5 habits before I event started and then chose 3 habits to focus on for the fortnight.
I slept 8 hours pretty much every night (no mean feat I tell you), set up an inbox system (which is great) and attempted to meditate for 30 minutes. I have kept the final habit on my list again this time around because I haven’t conquered it yet (7 minutes yes, 30 no).
For the next two weeks I will drink a glass of water when I get up, wait before I buy (great timing considering the last post) and build a portfolio.
- Exercise 30 minutes every day.
- Eat breakfast every day.
- Sleep 8 hours.
- Avoid snacking between meals.
- Eat five portions of fruits and vegetables every day.
- Eat fish.
- Drink one glass of water when you wake up.
- Avoid soda.
- Keep your body clean.
- If you smoke, stop it.
- If you drink, stop it. It says a glass of wine with dinner is okay.
- Take the stairs.
- Use an inbox system.
- Plan, but not too much.
- Wake up early.
- Check your email only twice per day.
- Eliminate unimportant tasks.
- Clean off your desk and room.
- Set strict deadlines.
- Take one day off per week.
Personal Development habits
- Read 1 book per week.
- Solve puzzles.
- Think positively.
- Make fast decisions.
- Wait before buying.
- Meditate 30 minutes per day.
- Start a blog.
- Build a portfolio.
25 THINGS I MUST DO BEFORE 25
1. Get myself out of all debt
Now with my new budget this will definitely happen. Down to $1020.
2. Save at least $5000 towards an apartment
Fingers crossed on this one…
3. Ride in a hot air balloon
Booked one in Barcelona in September and paid the deposit – let’s hope for nice weather!
4. Have an article published in a print magazine
Putting together some ideas for travel articles I can write while on holiday.
5. Own a DSLR camera and complete a course on how to use it
6. Travel to Europe with Tom and take said camera
3 weeks, 1 day to go…
7. Do some form of dance class every month
Still going well, hopefully heading to a hip hop class next week.
8. Grow my nails
I’ve got 2 that are long, but need to focus on growing them!
9. Learn how to cook a (decent) roast
10. Earn at least $10,000 from creative work (singing, acting, writing)
At $800 so far.
11. Keep a plant alive for more than 6 months
I am pleased to say that we have had a little yukka plant on our balcony since the 19th of June (and it’s still alive).
12. Send at least 100 personal letters/cards by post to friends and family
Currently at 13 – will have to send a huge pile of postcards in Europe!
13. Find an amazing hairdresser
14. Book a flight home to Wellington
Going home for Christmas (and my 25th birthday), but haven’t booked yet. Waiting for airpoints to come through from Europe trip.
15. Write at least 10 new songs
Still haven’t had guitar fixed *smacks forehead*
16. Take a day off work to do some form of volunteer work
17. Explore a new Melbourne bar and restaurant every month
Loving this challenge!
18. Have a wardrobe that I adore (rid of clothes/shoes I never wear or don’t fit or need repairing).
Have a batch of clothing and accessories currently listed on eBay. Next step is to get things repaired (hemmed, buttons sewn on etc).
19. Look after myself – go to the dentist, the optometrist and the osteopath.
My health insurance waiting period will be over once I return from Europe so my eyes and general alignment will get seen to then.
20. See a psychic (just for the hell of it)
The friend I am going with has been super busy and I’ve been working a lot on the weekends, so may have to wait until October.
21. Create a list of 25 books I’d like to read and read them
This hasn’t happened quite as I’d expected – I haven’t got a list, I just find books that look interesting instead, but 4 down, 21 to go.
22. Buy a cheap keyboard and re-learn how to play it
23. Get my first manicure
Grow nails, grow!
24. Take a circus class or private tuition at NICA
25. Create something I am really proud of
You know, it may sound silly, but I have come to be fairly proud of this little blog itself. Will consider this at the end of the year.
There are a few things that help me stay focused on my goals:
Focusing on the end result and the reason you want to achieve it.
Celebrating successes, no matter how small.
Constantly reviewing my progress (this blog is great for that because I feel like I need to report in to my readers every now and then).