So, it is exactly 2 months until my 25th birthday and I am starting to worry about my 25 Things I Must Do Before 25 list of goals. It is getting down to the wire, but how much have I achieved in 10 months?
1. Get myself out of all debt
Not far to go now…
2. Save at least $5000 towards an apartment
Not going to happen.
3. Ride in a hot air balloon
4. Have an article published in a print magazine
Well, I had a conversation with a magazine editor last week which may mean this will happen in early 2011.
5. Own a DSLR camera and complete a course on how to use it
6. Travel to Europe with Tom and take said camera
7. Do some form of dance class every month
Must get to 4 more to make up for the lack of dancing in the past few months (that counts right, 12 a year?).
8. Grow my nails
Oddly enough, my right hand has lovely long nails but my left hand is bitten to smithereens. How does this happen?
9. Learn how to cook a (decent) roast
The first attempt is planned for this Sunday.
10. Earn at least $10,000 from creative work (singing, acting, writing)
Not going to happen, but will next year!
11. Keep a plant alive for more than 6 months
Our Yukka plant is still going strong!
12. Send at least 100 personal letters/cards by post to friends and family
I am at 23. *sigh* It is difficult when people don’t reply back to you.
13. Find an amazing hairdresser
14. Book a flight home to Wellington
This is a purchase that requires about $800 – hopefully in the next few weeks I can manage this.
15. Write at least 10 new songs
I wrote 2 while I was away on holiday but now that I finally got my guitar fixed, this will be easier.
16. Take a day off work to do some form of volunteer work
I have booked this for early November, I will be planting trees for those interested.
17. Explore a new Melbourne bar and restaurant every month
18. Have a wardrobe that I adore (rid of clothes/shoes I never wear or don’t fit or need repairing)
I think this will always be a work in progress but I am definitely getting rid of some on eBay this weekend.
19. Look after myself – go to the dentist, the optometrist and the osteopath.
2 out of 3 so far!
20. See a psychic (just for the hell of it)
Waiting for a friend to become available to come with me – fingers crossed for November.
21. Create a list of 25 books I’d like to read and read them
I just ordered 3 books from Amazon that should arrive shortly, but I am doubtful that I can squeeze 20 books into 2 months.
22. Buy a cheap keyboard and re-learn how to play it
Currently watching eBay and in discussions with my aunty about the keyboard.
23. Get my first manicure
24. Take a circus class or private tuition at NICA
Again, this comes down to money but fingers crossed for November (might have to pick up a few extra fairy party shifts to cover the cost).
25. Create something I am really proud of
I’m not sure if this counts but I am really proud of my plan to quit my desk job in the hope of starting a creative music career. Well, I’m saying it counts. : )
So I still have the potential to achieve 23 out of 25 which is pretty huge. Wish me luck as I cram a whole lot into 61 days!